We deal with relational databases everyday and Django provides a great ORM layer to make your job easy. For high loaded applications you need to use all ORM features to make your database queries more efficient so they take less time.
In this hands-on workshop we will discuss and practice:
- what tools to use to find non-optimal queries
- how optimize them using ORM
- if ORM can't help us, how to optimize them without ORM (plain SQL queries)
- Linux or Mac computer (windows computers are also welcome, but I will be able to provide only limited support with environment setup)
- Python 3.5 or 3.6
- Django version 1.11.* or 2.0.* (I'll cover differences if any, otherwise i'll choose 2.0 )
- MySQL / MariaDB (I'll cover differences if any, but both should be fine)
- Attendees should have a working knowledge of Django and relational databases
Help with system setup will be provided. Depending on the time we will have a Q&A session.